Friday 30 September 2011

Trying to find a balance

Healthy lunch x sugar bomb


Days like today make me wonder if I'm really balancing my diet. Sometimes I feel like a complete failure trying to avoid sugar and sweets. It's not that I have tons of them, I don't. What I'm trying to do is to balance my diet, something that I was already doing before and I'm just more careful now. Hopefully I'm doing things right!


Today I baked a few chocolate cupcakes and filled them with black cherries and peanut butter frosting to celebrate the Vegan Baking Day! I ate just one and it was really good and it's good to do this kind of stuff which involves celebration towards vegan stuff.






Talking about vegan events the Internet is very excited this week about the beginning of another edition of VeganMoFo (Vegan Month of Food)! I'm not taking part of it this year (again) but I'll try to read as much as I can from the bloggers that are involved.


And how about you, do you try to balance your diet in a daily basis?

4 comments:

vegan.in.brighton said...

That looks like a fantastic way to celebrate vegan baking day. I made Cherry Chocolate cupcakes yesterday too!

Sarah said...

mmmm chocolate, pb, and cherry, heaven:)

jessy said...

the cupcakes for the bakesale sounds like such a tasty combination. it's always a good idea (and a delicious one!) to try them out before sell'n them. yummy!

balance is totally the way to go. don't feel like a complete failure in trying to avoid sugar and sweets - sometimes you've just gotta make an adjustments to what you'll allow yourself. i like to take a a step back and make a real assessment of things in my life and what i'm really trying to get to. sugar and sweets aren't bad, especially if you enjoy them every now and again. if you indlulge every once in a while that's a-okay! be mindful when you're enjoying them so you can really appreciate them for what they are - treats!

sounds like you've got a healthy balance going on - i think you're do'n great! just remember: be kind to yourself and don't be so hard on yourself. :)

Amanda J said...

I really do try to "eat a rainbow," but I work a lot and I'm on a super-tight budget, so sometimes my plate looks rather bleak. It happens, though. I know that I still eat healthier than most other people!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin