Tuesday 11 November 2008

All about… places

I love to travel. Probably this is something that most of the people loves too. But as a person who loves to write about food, I think I have some different ways to see things. And one example of this is what I like to see and visit while I am travelling.

I like to go to all tourist places. I love to see the buildings and the architecture, mainly here in Europe that everything is so different from Brazil, a new and poor country. And I love to visit the churches, they are wonderful. And the thing I like most is going to parks and gardens (top 1). The second thing is going to restaurants! This couldn’t be different, right?

From every city I have been, I have a memory of a place. Not always good, but memories. Sometimes I think it’s funny and silly because when people ask me about some places to go to, I have a tendency to talk about restaurants or somewhere related to food. I have to stop my thoughts before open my mouth! But I think I’m not the only one. Most of my vegan friends have always some kind of “food tip” to give too! For example, I have never been to Berlin, but I know that when I will go there, I must go to a fast food place that has the best vegan “chicken cheeseburger” ever and another place that has the best vegan cup cakes ever. This is almost everything I need to know about what I have to visit there!

Well, I could write here many tips of many cities, but I prefer do it separately in other posts because each city has a history that comes with the food or the places. I will finish this post with a general on line tip, which helps us (me and my husband) a lot in our food-experiences-around-the-world: http://www.happycow.com. It’s a vegetarian guide that has restaurants locations in USA, Canada, Europe, Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, Hong Kong and Singapore. And the best thing about this website is that it has a lot of people opinions and you can compare and know if the place is what you expect or not.

By the way, for those friends that access this blog, you will have some vegetarian/vegan tips of the places I have been too! Enjoy it ;-)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

de todas as dicas e curiosidades suas, a que mais me intriga (ainda) são os sorvetes veganos que não são de frutas! quero tanto experimentar isso!

Mayra said...

hehehhe, estou louca para saber dos lugares!!! =) Adoro ter destinos qndo chego num lugar novo, onde não sei nada de nada, mas sei de um bom restaurante!
beijos

All about... (vegan) food said...

Gabriel, I'm sure you will love it! It's not a big deal I think, lot of italian ice creams are vegan because they're made of soya or rise milk.

Mayra, I will start with the tips soon ;-)

Clarissa said...

DOUBLE chicken cheeseburguer! DOUBLE!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin