Wednesday 14 December 2011

Saint Lucy's Day


Yesterday, December 13, was Saint Lucy's Day (in Italian, Santa Lucia) and it brings to my husband many childhood memories. "St. Lucy is also popular among children in some regions of North-Eastern Italy, namely Trentino, East Lombardy (where Matteo is from), parts of Veneto, parts of Emilia-Romagna and all of Friuli, where she brings gifts to good children and coal to bad ones the night between December 12 and 13".


It's hard to me to remember the date cause we don't have it in Brazil (and it also should be related to kids, you know?!). But to please my lovely husband and dad-to-be I decided to make him some of his favourite treats: chocolate-white-chocolate-chips cookies.

It's nice to make an adult happy as a child sometimes, isn't it?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw, I wish I knew about this date earlier, too! Never heard of the celebration before, but if it means I could have cookies as delicious-looking as those, count me in. :)

PS, as part of my holiday gift to my Nana, I'm planning on presenting her with the story I submitted for your book. She's going to be so surprised! I'll let you know how it goes.

All about... (vegan) food said...

Mark it on your 2012 calendar :)

Ohhhh this is lovely, I'm sure your Nana will love it, it's a beautiful story. Can't wait to know her reaction!

Anonymous said...

We had our early Chanukah party last night, so I was able to give my Nana her gift already. She got a bit misty-eyed... I think she really liked it. :)

All about... (vegan) food said...

I'm so glad your story already made your Nana happy :) I can't wait to finish the book but I still have a long road...

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin