Thursday, 30 April 2009
Broccoli is the reason
There are some kinds of food that I just started to eat and like after becoming vegan, mainly vegetables. Broccoli is one of those. I really enjoy cook them and love all recipes that have them in.
This week we're having more time to cook and broccoli are in a lot of meals, so I decided to write a little bit about them. And I saw an interesting information about them at Brazil Nut, that I'll translate here: “The infection caused by the bacterium H. Pylori, the leading cause of stomach cancer, can be fought through increased consumption of broccoli, shows a study done in the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine with 48 people. After eight weeks, the levels of infection were significantly lower in a group that ingested daily 70g of broccoli sprouts, compared with the volunteers who consumed alfalfa.”
Other benefits: their nutrients include vitamin C, vitamin A, folic acid, calcium and fibre.
Try to add broccoli to some of your meals, it's delicious and healthy!
Some amazing vegan recipes with broccoli:
- Pesto Pasta Bake (Lunch Box)
- Sweet and Hot Pepper Tofu - Asian Style (Vegan Appetite)
- Broccoli Tempeh Pizza and Broccoli / Apple / Lentil Quiche (Toffu Party)
- Stir-fry noodles with broccoli (The Post Punk Kitchen)
- Chickpea Cutlets with Mushroom Gravy / Garlic Mashed Potatoes / Roasted Broccoli (What the Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway)
Em português, as minhas duas favoritas do Brazil Nut: Quiche vegano de brócoli com alho poró e Risoto de brócoli e cogumelos
Enjoy it ;o)