Friday 10 July 2009

Under your influence

I don't like to cook just for myself and I really forgot how is to do that. But for the next days it will be just me, so I need to do it. Today I decided to try a recipe that my amazing Brazilian friend, Flavia, posted at her blog (in Portuguese). She's not vegan or vegetarian but some of her recipes are naturally vegan/vegetarian and the other ones are easy to "veganize". So, I had a delicious penne (for my luck I can eat pasta again!), but I still have to work on the quantity because I cooked enough also for my dinner.


Recipe (1 person):

125g pasta (penne or other pasta that you prefer)

2 sliced Irish mushrooms (this was my "local" touch)

4 cherry tomatoes

1/2 small onion, cut into small cubes

1 garlic clove, minced (I confess that I used 2 and was too much!)

1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil

1 vegetable stock cube (Yes, I'm a stock cube addicted)

Black pepper and other herbs (I just used oregano in the end)

Salt

Dairy free parmezan


Cook the pasta in boiling and salty water. In a pan, put the olive oil. Let heat and add the garlic. When the garlic is "golden", place the onion. When the onion is transparent, add the mushrooms and the tomatoes and 50 ml of water. Let boil and cook until thicken. Stir from time to time until it becomes a succulent red sauce. Add the black pepper. Add the sauce on the cooked pasta and mix. Serve the plates and add the dairy free parmezan and oregano.

(Listening to Dag Nasty: Can I Say)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Lindeza, passei um tempo sem acessar seu blog e eis que agora leio este post. Que bom que minhas receitas podem ser "veganizadas", estou me esforçando para isso e não tenho usado muita carne. Tenho muitas saudades suas e muitas coisas pra contar. Um grande beijo! =*

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin