Tuesday 2 August 2011

Potato-spinach Blintzes


I can't believe it took me so long to buy the vegan bible Veganomicon but I (finally) got it a couple of months ago. But I did it in the middle of my thesis writing so I didn't have time to cook anything from it until a couple of weeks ago. Still in the middle of the craziness I decided to cook potato-spinach Blintzes for lunch during the week. It was a lot of work but the result was worth it. Recipe is not difficult but you end up preparing three dishes to make one (crepes, smashed potato-spinach and the sauce).

I won't post the recipe here cause it's part of the book, but I will share the mushroom sauce recipe I've made cause I didn't use any from the book and did my own sauce.



Mushroom sauce recipe

Ingredients

2 cup sliced mushroom
1/4 cup soya milk
1 tablespoon white flour
1 vegetable stock cube
1 glove
1 shopped onion
1/3 cup Shoyu (soya sauce)
1 tablespoon mustard (ready to eat one such as French's)
black pepper (as you like it)

Mix the milk and the flour in a bowl and separate it. In a hot pan fry the onion and garlic for 3 or 4 minutes and add the mushrooms. Fry it for more 3 or 4 minutes and add the milk and flour mix. Add the stock cube and let it cook for another 2 or 3 minutes, stirring it a few times. Add the black pepper, soya sauce and mustard and cook and cook for another minute. Serve it hot over the Blintzes.

And here's some pictures of the potato-spinach Blintzes cooking process:





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've never made blinzes, and I'm pretty terrible at making crepes, but your photos are inspiring! That looks incredibly delicious; A worthy project when I get a free afternoon, for sure.

Juliana said...

caraca glauce ! não acredito que vc demorou tanto pra comprar o veganomicon... eu sou apaixonada por ele, acho que é o meu favorito :D
ainda tenho que experimentar essa receita de potato-spinach Blintzes ! foi bom vc ter postado, pra me lembrar, rsrsrs

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin