Friday 19 February 2010

I'll be there for you


Since yesterday I'm thinking about writing here about one of my best friends and the relationship between friendship and distance. As everybody I have just a few real friends. I learned (the hardest way) that this is the right way to have friends: they are few but they will be there for you forever, no matter what.

Tathi is a friend of mine from Sao Paulo. I've known her for more or less ten years. We got in touch because of the hardcore and two important values that we still share: the straight edge and the veganism. When you are into the hardcore scene you know a lot of people around your country and also around the world. A few of them will turn friends and start to share more than hardcore with you. Tathi is one of those precious friends. We had never lived close to each other (Sao Paulo is 7 hours driving from my city, Belo Horizonte). We were used to see each other 4 or 5 times a year. And even with the distance, our friendship grew up with the time. She was present in the most important moments of my life, including my wedding. In many other occasions we couldn't be together, but I know that she (always) cares.


Now she is passing through some hard times. It's not a new problem and it is a really hard situation that involves somebody that she loves (more than everything in the world). I wish I could be there. Close, not just with my positive thoughts, but close enough to hug her for a long time. But I can't and it's not the first time. I wish I could take her to have some coffee and to talk about all the stupid things and have the laugh together. I wish I could bake her a lot of vegan cupcakes and give her a little bit of sweetness now. But all I can do is to write her and to keep on thinking that everything will be fine. And I know it will. She deserves that.


Tathi, no matter what, I'm here for you.

2 comments:

xthingswesayx said...

Glau,
Acabei de ler e estou aqui no trabalho chorando que nem criança, não de tristeza mas de alegria por ter uma amiga como você.
Eu queria muito um abraço seu (além dos seus cupcakes =oP ), ter você perto pra poder me ouvir ou apenas estar ao meu lado nessas situações difíceis....mas você está, não fisicamente, mas dentro do coração, muito mais perto do que algumas pessoas que vivem aqui, ao meu lado.
Eu sinto isso, sinto a energia, os pensamentos positivos e toda força que você deseja e "envia" pra mim.
Obrigada pelos anos de amizade, por me deixar fazer parte da sua vida, por ver de perto cada conquista sua e principalmente por me acolher como amiga, irmã.
Amo muito você e sei que você estará ao meu lado sempre.

Anonymous said...

Essa distancia eh complicada ne?!
Uma grande amiga minha, da epoca do colegial, casou semana passada.
Quando recebi as fotos fiquei muito triste por nao estar com ela (e ele, que tambem eh meu amigo) em um momento tao especial.

Mas nessas horas, de distancia, que descobrimos que amizades verdadeiras podem sim crescem quando estamos longe!

(que fofo o comentario dela aqui em cima hehehe)

Vida longa as antigas (e novas) amizades!
(e ao hardcore que une as pessoas!)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin