Sunday 8 May 2011

Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale in Dublin


Yesterday Dublin had its Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale 2011 promoted by the Vegetarian Society of Ireland. Since I've heard about the worldwide week I wished I could be part of it and organize or even be part or something but I couldn't and I was very frustrated about it. So going to the only event organized in Dublin and show my support was the minimum to do.

This was the second year that the Vegetarian Society of Ireland promoted the event and it happened in a very cool venue in town called Exchange Dublin. During the Saturdays there's a market there and in the street in front of it so it's always packed with residents and tourists walking around.



The Vegan Bake Sale was very good! I've met a vegan Brazilian girl and also had the chance to chat with one of the people involved in the Vegetarian Society of Ireland for the first time. The place was bustling and the atmosphere was great! The only thing is that I was expecting more. Probably my bad cause I know how is hard to promote this kind of thing in Ireland and to get people involved but I was expecting to find more vegan treats. So I really hope that next year more people will collaborate with the Worldwide Vegan Bake Sale in Dublin!



For now, well done to the Vegetarian Society for promoting a vegan event and giving people the opportunity of trying good vegan treats and to have more information about veganism.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin