Monday 12 January 2009

The first pizza ... we never forget!

One of my first posts here was about how much I love pizza. Last saturday we finally cooked our first vegan pizza. I mean cooked the dough too. We made it using the recipe of the awesome blog What The Hell Does a Vegan Eat Anyway? and just changed the toppings.

For the toppings we used: tomato sauce, garlic, mushrooms, vegan sausage, red tofu and cream cheese.


I don't know if it was because the dough wasn't that perfect, but it took more time to bake it than it's written on the blog, but in the end everything went right! I can say that our first pizza was really good and we'll have many chances to make it better!


This experience was amazing and I can tell you again that it is always worth to cook with pleasure!

13 comments:

Gabriel Cadete said...

preciso aprender a fazer uma :)

All about... (vegan) food said...

Gabriel, vale a pena tentar, é uma delícia fazer e em BH você pode comprar salsichas vegan, gluten (a SuperBom vende um em lata que é ótimo) e usar creme de leite (experimente a opção vegan, é muito boa!) e fazer uma pizza 100% vegetariana =D

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I just need a few practices using this recipe and then I'll burn the Maria Farinha empire down! =D

Looks insanely good.
=*

All about... (vegan) food said...

ahahahahahaha Filype, I support you 100%! Seriously, try to cook the pizza with this recipe, it's really awesome =D

Zucchini Breath said...

Beautiful! I love making vegan pizza for my family. I make beautiful raw pizza, too, but not everyone will eat it, so I bake for them.

Cheers!

tofu said...

Pizza! ;)

The difference in cooking time could be any number of things -- type of oven (electric vs. gas), oven temp calibration, different flour, using a pizza stone, etc...

but, I'm very glad it all worked out in th end!

Unknown said...

My compliments!!! ;-) Next time you'll cook it for us ok?? bacioneeee

All about... (vegan) food said...

Elena, your pizza is still 200 times better than ours, but I'll try to do my best ;o)

Clarissa said...

Pizza, pizza for life!!!
Can't wait for you to get here, it's gonna be so much fun (and food! hahaha)! :) <3
=*

All about... (vegan) food said...

Clarissa, can't wait too, I'm so excited =DD

Anonymous said...

10h15 da manhã e eu aqui morrendo de vontade de comer uma pizza dessa!
hehehehehehehehehe
Ah! Adorei o post sobre sacolas...em casa a gente já usa a de pano há algum tempo, mas é incrível notar que, quando você compra um "palito" os caras te dão uma big sacola de plástico...
Se todo mundo começar a recusá-las, e colocar as pequenas coisa dentro das bolas já daria uma ajuda!
=o********

vou escrever teu email right now!
(L)

Unknown said...

Noh! Fui nesse "what the hell vegan..." e fikei louca com as comidas! ando mto faminta!

All about... (vegan) food said...

Esse "what the hell vegan..." é tipo o site com receitas mais fodas e com as fotos mais bonitas da história =D

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin