Thursday 5 March 2009

Fruit salad days


I'm pretty sure that I never wrote about fruits here. I like them. I love some of them. I just prefer when food or drinks with fruits come ready because I am a little bit lazy to prepare it. But in this my new life doing nothing all day full of inspiration in the kitchen I started to wrap up more fruity stuff!

So in these last days I'm preparing fruit salads for me and Matteo in the evening. It's a delicious way to eat at the right times (remember, it's always good to eat every 3 hours). One of the fruits that I love are strawberries. They're delicious ever and ever. And here it is easy to find them because of the cold weather. I didn't use all the fruits of this amazing picture that I found in the Internet to make our fruit salads. Just apple, banana and strawberry and it was enough. Well, to Matteo I added sugar and soy cream but I ate just the fruits.

Also with fruits, it is good to pay attention to the colours in your plate to guarantee vitamins. And here we go with some minerals and vitamins the fruits we ate this week have:

Apple: potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, selenium, vitamins A, C, E and folic acid (important during pregnancy).

Banana: potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, selenium, iron, vitamins A, C, B6, E, niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5) and folic acid.

Strawberry: potassium, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, selenium, iron, manganese, vitamins A, C and folic acid.

Did you eat any fruit today?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not yet! But I will. Probably papaya. =D

Fruit salad rocks! And yeah, adding some sugar and cream... double yummy.

BE HEALTHY Y'ALL!

Clarissa said...

I'm so proud of you! <3

And, sure, I already ate an apple and a banana. ;)

Karla said...

Baby, lembrei de vc, sobre as sacolinhas de plastico de supermercado...

O lixao no Pacifico:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDAeRR3J-BQ

Inacreditavel!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin