Since we have arrived in my city, Belo Horizonte, I've been buying a lot of vegan products. Some of those I tried when I lived here, others are new ones. It's great to see how vegetarianism and veganism are becoming more known in Brazil. It's a slow process but it's working. Yesterday I went to a health fair and all the food there was vegetarian or vegan (I will blog about in the next days).
Here there is a small list of some of the stuff I bought:
1. Biscuits/cookies: I love them and Brazil has some good options. My favorite one is not exactly a biscuit but I love it: Goiabinha. It has "goiabada" (one kind of sweet done with sugar and guava) inside and it's really delicious.
2. Naturis soja: soya chocolate pudding.
3. Guarana with açaí: Guaraná Antartica is a national soda made with the fruit guaraná. It's really good and I miss it (Matteo bought a big bottle of Guaraná Antartica in Dublin, at the Brazilian store, but it was out of gas and it was too much expensive, so we just gave up on trying to have it there). And now there is this new option, with açaí (if you're not Brazilian, you know the fruit as "acai" but it is written with the "ç" and it sounds like "assai" - something like that). It's amazing. I could drink it everyday.
4. Batata palha temperada: this is a kind of potato chips in strips, very crisp and tasty. This one has also onion and parsley and it's perfect with a lot of sandwiches. I really miss it.
5. Shampoo and conditioner Ecologie: this company is very good and does not test on animals. I choosed the products made with pomegranate and wheat protein and they're really awesome.
I'll have more products to post in the next days.
PS. It's winter here and I'm enjoying amazing sunny days with 20°C. Today it's colder, so it's 13°C.