Monday 26 October 2009

Vegan Mofo III - Day 26 - Brazil Nut

October is flying and with it Vegan MoFo is almost ending too! It's the last week of this amazing month. And for the last posts I saved some surprises. One is that as a journalist, I love making interviews. I think it is my favorite part of this profession. And I decided to start making some interviews here too.

The first one is with Andréa Nichols, from the amazing blog Brazil Nut. Her blog is one of the first blogs about vegan food and veganism that I started to follow when I decided to join this virtual (big) world! She writes in Portuguese and always have something great to say to our Brazilian vegetarian and vegan friends.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did and I will be back with more interviews soon :)


All about... : Your blog is in Portuguese, so you should have basically just Brazilian readers. Why the decision about making a blog about vegan food and veganism in Portuguese? Do you think about make it in English too?

Andrea: I do think about writing in English all the time. Sometimes I blog in both languages, but it’s mostly in Portuguese. I started the blog in Portuguese because a few years ago, when my husband and I became vegan and I decided to write about it and show how easy it was, there weren’t a lot of blogs in Portuguese and there were a ton in English. Since my point was to help, I figured I should do it in my mother tongue.

Andréa e Clementine

All about... : You live in NY and are always involved in some kind of animal liberation activism. Do you think the city has a lot of groups and people involved? Did you do that in Brazil too? What are the mainly differences, in your opinion, between the activism in Brazil and in the US?

Andrea: Activism here (in the US) is very strong, very powerful. I didn’t feel the same in Brazil when I used to live there. But that was 8 years ago. It’s getting better and better from what I see and read. And I’m hopeful.

All about... : You are always blogging some great recipes. How often do you cook? What do you like to cook more?

Andrea: Thanks! I rarely cook. I’m not crazy about cooking as much as I am about eating, discovering new recipes and taking pictures of food. :) My husband is the one who cooks at our home and he cooks so well. He has no fear. He’ll look at any recipe and go: “I can do this”. And he does! I’m always looking for new ideas and recipes to bring to him. I’d say I’m a lucky gal. :) I like cooking simple things, mostly appetizers. And I like to present them nicely. I’m more about the way the food looks.



All about... : What tips you can give to people that are thinking about becoming vegan?

Andrea: Stop thinking and just go vegan! Anybody can do it at any time. No preparation is needed. It’s much easier that people think and it’s the best thing one can do to help animals, to help the planet and for one’s own health. If somebody wants to be ethical and environment-friendly, going vegan is the 1st thing to do.



All about... : Do you have any favorite vegan cook book?

Andrea: All our cookbooks are awesome. To name a few: The Urban Vegan, Vegan Brunch, Vegan Planet, Veganomicon…

Andrea: Thanks for inviting me to respond to your questions, Glauce! I’m a big fan of your blog and your cupcakes!

3 comments:

Andréa said...

Cool! Such an honor to be interviewed here...I was blushing while reading this, hehe.

Thank you again for the kind words about brazil nut, Glauce!

Clarissa said...

Adorei! :)

Carlota said...

Adoro os 2 blogs!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin