Thursday 1 October 2009

Vegan MoFo III - Day 1 - Cupcakes

I was thinking about how to start my first post of the Vegan MoFo 2009. It's the first time I'm being part of this event and it's important to me. Some days before I wrote here how this blog had begun and how cooking and writing about it is now part of my life. And when I think about my current life, when I look back to these 12 months I've been living in Dublin I can tell you that my life changed 100%. What I do everyday here is completely different from what I used to do in Brazil. But if there is something that I learned is that different isn't always bad. Different can be good too. But you have to open your mind to learn how to live (and be happy) with the difference. I am learning, every single day. And I still have a lot to learn.


March

April

And because of all these changes in my life, I decided to dedicate my first Vegan MoFo post to something that I'm doing now and that I never thought about before: baking vegan cupcakes.

May

June

July

Cupcakes were not popular in Brazil (now they are) when I was there. I think the first time I ate cupcakes was less then two years ago. The first time I ate a perfect vegan cupcake was in Berlin, last February. And I just decided to try to bake them last March. So, all this world of vegan cupcakes is new to me! Yes, that's true, I'm not that expert in baking cupcakes. But I really enjoy it. I like to see them growing up in the oven, the smell of them, the taste and, like everybody, the colors. And I am a vegan who loves desserts and sweet stuff, so I'm in heaven! Of course I don't eat them every day, but it's so good to be surrounded by those little cakes everyday. And it seems that everybody that tastes them, like them too! Govinda's restaurant is selling well and at the hardcore gigs I always sell them all too. They arrived into my life to make it sweeter and I couldn't be happier. Baking vegan food that helps me also to pay the bills is something good. It is to unite the business with the pleasure. It is to make people see that your path is ethical and also tasty. And now, after 7 months baking cupcakes basically everyday, I'm starting to make bigger plans, to dream a little bit more. Who knows what life is reserving for me for the next year here in Dublin?!

August

September

I just hope that is something sweet.

9 comments:

Sal - AlienOnToast said...

I love love LOVE cupcakes and all of those are gorgeous!

Monique a.k.a. Mo said...

I can't believe your first cupcake was only two years ago! They're so purty!!!!

All about... (vegan) food said...

Thanks Sal!

Yes, Monique, in Brazil people started to know better about them just now and I still have friends or people in my family that had never eaten one of them...

xthingswesayx said...

tudo que eu precisava era de um dia inteirinho com vc, com esse monte de coisas gostosas e um carinho na cabeça vindo de uma das melhores amigas que eu poderia ter.

<3

Jen Treehugger said...

Beautiful looking Cupcakes. I've not made vegan Cupcakes yet! Oh the shame.
Happy Mofo'ing!
:)

Clarissa said...

I was with you the first time you ate the first perfect vegan cupcake! <3
But yours look sooo good. And they taste so good too - I just ate one, once. It's because you love what you do.
I've seen you go through all those changes, and I'm really glad to see you happy. :)

All about... (vegan) food said...

Tathi, o futuro nos dará muitos dias assim, tenho certeza ♥

Yes, Clarissa, you were! And I will thanks Cupcake Berlin always for all the inspiration. And thanks for your words, you know it means a lot to me ♥

Anonymous said...

Ainda aguardo cupcakes do HC! =D

Anonymous said...

Happy VeganMofo!!!

Your cupcake pictures always make me happy :-)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin